U.S. Model 1841 Percussion Rifle commonly called "Mississippi" manufactured by Robbins & Lawrence company in 1850 in Windsor, Vermont. This rifle would have been used by state troops in the Third Seminole War, and was modified for Civil War use. The original .54 caliber arms had been designed for use with loose powder and ball. Production of the Model 1841 was terminated in 1855 when the .58 caliber Model 1855 percussion rifle was officially adopted. Model 1841 rifles were adapted for use with the brass-hilted saber bayonet and later the socket bayonet.