|Object Name||Mold, Bullet|
A Bullet Mold for Hall's breechloading flintlock rifle labeled with "Hall's Rifle" on the side. The bullet mold is made from two separate pieces of steel (mirror images) connected by a copper pivoting pin. When the mold is closed there is an open hole on top of the bullet cavity through which to pour the molten lead. At the top of the handles there are sprue trimming blades.
See Related tab for more details: A similar bullet mold for sale states circa 1824-1840, while another puts it between 1861-1865. An internet source states that these bullet molds were produced by the Harper's Ferry Armory.
|Dimensions||H-1 W-1.125 L-6.5 inches|