Black and White slide of a picture of the Stranahan House (late 19th or early 20th century), and the steps to the New River. This image is in "The Seminole and Miccosukee Tribes of Southern Florida", by Patsy West. pg 50, and the description reads "The Stranahan Trading Post on the New River in Fort Lauderdale was the focal point of trad for the Seminoles of the Pine Island complex. Begun in 1893, Frank Stranahan catered to the Seminoles' needs, adding a shelter for overnight stays (in background) and a boatslip off the fiver. Furs, bird plumes, and alligator hides were traded to obtain salt for tanning and flour for bread". The caption notes that the photo appears courtesy of the Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, so the original image belongs to that organization.